Dear APAMT member,
Since the Basel Congress in May, the EAPCCT Scientific and Meetings Committee have started the planning process for the scientific content of the 38th International EAPCCT Congress which will be held in Bucharest from 22 to 25 May 2018.
We are pleased to inform you that the following congress themes are being prepared:
Chemical and biological weapons
Main congress themes
· Drug-induced organ failure: diagnosis and management
· Understanding the inter-individual variability of presentation and severity in poisoning (from basic science to investigation at the bedside)
· New psychoactive substances
· Paediatric toxicology (including teenagers)
· Novel oral anticoagulant overdose: update on clinical management
· European Poison Centre data collection to support curative and preventative measures against poisoning
· Guidelines & Systematic Reviews (Using your experience vs following guidelines)
We very much encourage you to submit your work and original data for Bucharest: we wish to include as many of your abstract submissions as we can for oral, short oral and poster presentation in the scientific programme of the Congress.
Abstract submission will open on 11 September 2017 and close on 9 October 2017. Full details will be posted on http://eapcct2018.com shortly.
Please note the slightly earlier closing date for abstract submissions which is necessary to submit congress documentation to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) in time for CME accreditation.
We look forward to receiving your submissions in the autumn and wish you an enjoyable summer break.
Prof. Paul Dargan Mark Zammit
Chair, Scientific & Meetings Committee General Secretary, EAPCCT