Dear Fellow Member,
The APAMT would like to invite interested parties to submit their bids to host the association’s 18th Annual Scientific Meeting in 2019. A written proposal for the purpose will be required and must include the following information.
1. Proposed dates for the conference (preferably in November 2019)
2. Proposed conference venue
3. Proposed conference theme and sub-themes
4. Financial feasibility: budget estimates; potential institutional funding and/or sponsorships
5. Description of proposed conference facilities
6. Importance of the meeting to a local toxicology or clinical toxicology society
7. Proposed social/cultural program, if any
8. Brief summary of previous experience in hosting an international conference(s)
9. Was there a previous application (bid) to host an APAMT annual scientific meeting?
10. Introduction to the hosting institution(s)
11. Letter of approval and commitment from the head of host institution(s)
12. Proposed timetable of the meeting
13. Autonomy of the meeting
Evaluation for all proposals will be based on a number of selection criteria below (unordered):
1. Experience of local organising team
2. Adequate conference facilities for meeting and exhibition
3. Accessibility of proposed site and other facilities (e.g. food and accommodation)
4. Appropriateness of proposed dates
5. Budget projection, sponsorship and financial viability
6. Geographical and national balance with regard to previous conferences
Bid submission or request for additional information can be sent to the APAMT Secretariat at [email protected] or [email protected] The deadline for submission of bids is 26th September 2017. Up to three applicants will be shortlisted and required to make an oral presentation of their bid to the APAMT Board at the Sri Lanka meeting this November.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind members that registrations for the Sri Lankan meeting are now open and the deadline for early bird registration is 15th October 2017.
Prof. Indika Gawarammana
President – APAMT