The Asia Pacific Association of Medical Toxicology is pleased to offer fellowship and travel grant awards every year. Honarary fellowship is a highly regarded award presented to an individual in recognition of a substantive contribution in toxicology at the international level. The travel scholarship awards to outstanding researchers who currently conducting an experimental project in toxicology and only financial members of APAMT are eligible for the travel scholarships.
Criteria for selecting APAMT Honorary Fellows
The APAMT Honorary Fellowship is the highest award of the society. An Honorary Fellow is selected by the board because they have made a substantive contribution to addressing the toxicological problems of the Asia-Pacific region. This may be through significant educational or research contributions in the field of toxicology, support and service towards APAMT development and activities, or contributions to other international activities that have shaped Asia Pacific toxicology. The award may be given to an individual who is not a member of APAMT.
Travel Scholarship Criteria
- Applicants must be working in one of the Asia Pacific countries and not more than 45 years old.
- An applicant must not have received a scholarship from APAMT in the last 2 years and should not have previously received 2 or more previous scholarships.
- Application for the award must be submitted with an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee. If required, an applicant may be asked to provide raw data to the Scientific Committee for scrutiny.
- All abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee. Applicants will be judged on merits of the scientific quality of their submitted abstracts as well as having fulfilled other stated criteria. The judging process will make allowances for applicants with limited opportunity to undertake research.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email from the APAMT Office.
- Scholarship winners are required to attend the 15th APAMT Congress in Singapore to give an oral presentation of their submitted studies.
- The value of the travel component of the scholarship ranges from USD500 – USD 1,000. This money is paid at the end of the conference.